Friday, September 9, 2011

Make Your Own Mini Tophats


For brides interested in having mini top hats as part of their wedding apparel, head over to Offbeat Bride for a great tutorial on how to make the three hats shown above.  I warn you, this is not an easy DIY project.  But if you persevere or if you are just plain talented at making crafts, this project is for you.  Would I have the guts to wear one of these?  Nope, I'm too traditional.  But I know I have readers who are looking for something else, so I thought I'd refer you to this great tutorial.  Also Offbeat Bride has other great ideas for brides who aren't looking for the traditional wedding, head on over and spend a day reading, they have lots of great contributors.


Looking for a pattern? Try this link to Hungry Panda Clothing to make the hat above.  This one looks easier to me--and uses a cereal box--talk about re purposing! You need a certain panache to carry these off, but if you've got it, flaunt it!  The key to many DIY projects? Read the comments of the readers who have already tried the project, sometimes they've solved a problem or answered a question you'll have!

No comments: